The School Liaison Officer (SLO) is the central point of contact for school related matters between commanders, military families, and local school systems.
The SLO offers a wide spectrum of services that enable families to be better prepared for school transitions and become more involved in their child’s educational experience.
The vision of the School Liaison Program is to coordinate and assist military parents of school age children with educational opportunities and information necessary to succeed in an academic environment.
- Provides families with information regarding local public, private, and home schooling options.
- Promote parental involvement in their children’s education.
- Give parents the tools they need to overcome educational obstacles that stem from the military lifestyle.
- Offer resource materials on military child education issues and topics.
- Promote and educate local schools and communities regarding the needs of military children
- Develop and coordinate partnerships in education